Thursday, July 29, 2010

Desire

Imagine if G-d forbid we would forget how to make kosher tefillin. Wouldn't we have such anguish that we couldn't lay tefillin?

Imagine if G-d forbid we forgot which day Shabbos was? How would we feel? Oh would we miss it!

What about the Arba minnim? Lets say we no longer had them and couldn't take them on Succos?

You get my point.

It doesn't bother me that all men don't wear tcheiles, but shouldn't they feel a sense of loss and pine for the opportunity to fulfill this mitzva from the Torah? [Full disclosure - I wear.]

It doesn't bother me that all Jews don't live in Israel - but it DOES bother me that people aren't bothered by the fact that they are not fulfilling this central mitzva. As the Torah tells us and the Ramban emphasizes, the Torah was given in order to be fulfilled in the Holy Land.

So if you can't do it - at least WANT it.

Love and blessings!:)