Thursday, June 3, 2010

Clarification Of Intentions

SWEETEST FRIENDS!!!

I MUST ASK MECHILAH. There is no doubt in my mind that everybody whom I meet is a better person than I am. I know better than anyone else how far I am from any level of righteousness. I am riddled with spiritual faults in ALL areas. I often give mussar both in shiurim and on the blog. I do this because I feel that everybody needs to improve in some way and hearing and reading words of admonishment and/or inspiration will help elevate us. This in no way implies that I am any better than anyone else. Au contraire - I am worse! I am also not judging anybody. Everybody has their own personal battles and NOBODY really knows what is going on with someone else. When I meet someone in whom I find fault I really try to judge favorably. So if you think I have you in mind when I write something - I don't! If you feel that something I write applies to you and you want to improve - GREAT.

So PLEASE judge me favorably and don't assume that I am chas vi'shalom attacking you. This is certainly not my intention. Sometimes I am told that people dislike me [the word "hate" has also been used] because of shiurim I gave. The answer is to open the heart and realize that the goal is to make the world a better, holier place.

LOVE AND BLESSINGS SWEETEST FRIENDS!!!:)

Reb Shmuel on the evil inclination