Monday, May 31, 2010

The Search For The Soul And How We Lose It

Something that has been troubling me: One of our goals as human beings [as opposed to animals] is to become internally focused, deep and spiritual. When a woman dresses in a certain way the men who see her become externally focused, shallow, base and animalistic.

Bnos Yisrael Hakdoshos Vihatihiros - PLEASE have mercy on your souls and the souls of the people around you and dress in such a way that makes it clear that what really matters to you is not what is visible to the human eye but what is INSIDE. When you dress otherwise you cheapen yourself. Men may enjoy looking at you but they don't respect you more. On the contrary!

Sometimes I wonder how women who attended religious schools and seminaries in Israel can dress in ways that are so suggestive. [I never say anything though - I am too polite and don't want to make her feel badly. So I am using the "mevakesh" to spread the word. But I suspect that the people who read "mevakesh" don't need this post and the people who need this post aren't reading "mevakesh".] Maybe they just don't respect themselves enough to dress in a way that will not attract attention or maybe there are other reasons. I am not saying that women should look ugly or wear a black veil. I am just saying that they should remember that as daughters of Avraham, Yitzchak and Yaakov their standards should be higher than the general society. The general society is corrupt and morally depraved and we as the Chosen People are supposed to guide the way - and not blindly follow the latest styles.

I ask forgiveness if I caused anyone a feeling of discomfort with this post.

BLESSINGS!!:)