Sunday, April 18, 2010

Friendship

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one'.

C.S. Lewis

“If the essence of my being has caused a smile to have appeared upon your face or a touch of joy within your heart. Then in living - I have made my mark.”


The reason most of our relationships are so superficial is because we allow them to be. When you meet someone and you want to make the relationship real and profound ask them a provocative question, such as "What was the most moving experience of your life?" or "What do you think your purpose on earth is?" or "Who is the most special person you have ever met?"

I personally have little patience for small talk. Sometimes it serves a purpose, but ultimately it doesn't bring us closer to others in ways that can change our lives.

Love and blessings!


Please daven for a refuah shleima for Naomi Sarah Bas Henna Miriam, Zechariah Kalman Hakohen Ben Yael Margalit and Tuvia Ben Yachad, bisoch she'ar cholei yisroel.