Monday, March 1, 2010

The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.

Stephen Covey

I say this often but it is worth saying again. There is no such thing as "too busy". A Torah Jew never misses a tefillah - because it is important. A person never misses his or her wedding - because it is important. A person never misses a life-saving surgery - because it is too important. So "I am too busy" is merely another way of saying "It is just not important enough to me", or, to use the language of our opening quote, "Not enough of a priority". [This is a general statement. There are exceptions to this rule.]

This is important to remember in order to understand yourself and others. You tell me what a person's priorities are and I will tell you who that person is.

Love and Blessings:)!