Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy And Sad

"My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where on earth she is."

"My grandmother was a Jewish juggler: she used to worry about six things at once."

"We've accumulated a lot of things over the years and many things from our grandmother. Hopefully it'll be all right. I really don't want to cry, but I can't help it."


Sweetest friends! Today is Rosh Chodesh Nissan, traditionally a VERY happy day [see Shabbos 87]. Among other things it was the day the Mishkan was built.

But for me it will always be a bittersweet day. On this day 21 years ago my beloved Great-Grandmother passed away. So please learn a mishna or say a perek tehillim for Ester Bas Shmuel. Here is a shiur on a sugya in Maseches Sanhedrin given lilui nishmasa.

May we have tchiyas hamaysim VERY SOON and see all of the tzadikim and tzidkaniyos once again!!:)