Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Big Woops!!

OYYYYY YOOOOOY YOOOOOOYYYYY. What a rough week! First a man claims to be me and tries to swindle money out of my friends. Then, what was alluded to in a previous post. Now THIS!!!

Let me explain: The purpose of Mevakesh Lev is to promote kedusha, tahara, ahavas yisrael, the study of Torah, refined character and EVERYTHING GOOD. I have certain guidelines which I have established to enable me to achieve my goals. Now, I enjoy the quotes, as do others. But the truth is that I haven't heard of many of the people I quote. If I ever see a name that symbolizes anything that smacks of sexual immorality, that name will NOT have a place on the blog. The problem is that I am divorced - not from my wife, we get along GREAT - but from Western culture. I don't watch TV, movies, read magazines and newspapers or listen to the radio. I fail to see how any of the aforementioned activities will help me get closer to Hashem so I happily refrain. I encourage others to do the same.

In a recent post I quoted a woman who I was informed tonight is an actress who - uh let us say, does not live a lifestyle worthy of a Bas Yisrael. Or even a Bas Adam for that matter. Apparently she is famous but the Pnei Yehoshua certainly never quoted her and I never heard of her. So I rushed home to delete her name.

In light of this episode I have decided that I will be much more selective as to the names I quote. If I heard of the person and his/her name is NOT associated with pritzus [sexual decadence] I will mention the name. If I am not familiar with the person I will just put quotation marks and omit the name.

SWEETEST FRIENDS!! We live in a extremely revealing world. Everything is for the public view and open to discussion in all forms of media and communication. The Torah Hakedosha exhorts us to distance ourselves from all of that. A Ben Torah keeps his eyes DOWN when he walks down the street and shuns any possibilty of seeing or hearing anything that will distance him in the slightest from Hashem. Our Sages say: Hashem HATES licentiousness ["Sonei Zimah"]. A Bas Yisrael dresses and conducts herself in a way that shows the world [and herself!!] that her primary component is her SOUL and not her body. That is the definition of Jewish beauty [as in, "what a beauty, did you see her davening mincha?!"].

So I apologize for polluting your minds for the brief second you read this woman's name and thank a sweet friend who informed me of her reputation. I really never heard of her. I trust that you will judge me favorably.

LOVE AND BLESSINGS!!!